Li-Fi 100x of wi-Fi Transmission Future Technology
“Li-Fi” (Light Fidelity) is gonna replace Wi-Fi technologies, and it is capable of delivering of data transmission of up to 100x than the current Wi-Fi standard. It is based on a full-duplex communication system and it works with “Light” as a medium of communication. As we all know that the light travels speedier than any sound, hence you know what it means in terms of data transmissions. theoretical speed is currently “100Gbps” in LED State.
It is a “duplex” form of communication and an application of “Optical Wireless Communication”(OWC). Apart from direct light rays, even reflective rays can have up to 70Mbps. due to its physical nature, it is 10000 times stronger than Radio frequencies and we may expect up to even Tbps. similar to Wi-Fi protocols, Li-fi uses IEEE standards. IoT (Internet of things) is expected to project higher growth due to deep and large penetration of Li-Fi.
Currently, it is in “R&D” houses and some of the early applications with typical LED data were being expected. recently, the “Indian” government with “IT Ministry” has successfully tested Li-Fi technologies by joint Co-operation of “IIT-M & Philips”. since VLC (Visible light communication) is already being using by us, it is a little bit easy to adapt Li-Fi technologies in large scales in a short span of time. but the matter is how far we behind with applications and limitations.
- Secure and reliable for the internet of things because it can’t be hacked from a remote location.
- Highly critical areas can be explored with Li-Fi such as underwater / Peak Stations.
- Non-Radiartion, so it is a greater choice of data transmissions in hospitals or medical fields.
- Industry Automation is far more made secured and high efficient manufacturings.
- Collisions can be controlled in automobile sectors.
More Technology News Click Here